Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Blog???

As I write my second post, I figure all of my loyal readers and fans are wondering:

"A blog???"

"You??"

"Why now???"

"Hasn't that been done already?"

Well loyal fans and readers, here and now I will discuss the need for a blog in my simple little life...

Last year was a trying year. Money woes, job loss, kindergarten, alcoholism, death, sorrow, and loss. I entered 2011 with renewed hope and ended up with a bout of the most serious depression in my life.

Luckily it did not take long to realize that no, I could not live my life lying in bed, I had a husband, a child, and a small farm that needed tending.

So, as my husband puts  it, I shook up the snow globe. Now, I realize that I am jam packing my life with a shit ton of interesting things to do (typical of a type-A capricorn), hence the desperate need for an outlet.

What per say am I doing that is so important you ask...

1. Starting a grassroots effort to set up and Farm to School Program in my daughters district.

2. Forming a Wellness Committee to adjust District policies on the health of our youth. (totally inadvertently   by the way)

3. Organizing a seasonal local Farmers Market in my small town.

4. Starting, and teaching myself a new career.

5. Possibly becoming a member of the School Site Council (also inadvertent)

6. Push a "community vibe" on the divide and encourage people to "Eat Their View" 

And that my folks is just the start of it. In this next year, I hope to actually trailer and ride my horses (novel idea), buy our own house and property, start my own flower farm (keep your fingers crossed), watch less TV, eat less calories, and thoroughly enjoy my new Butt and Gut classes at the local gym. Shit, I may even start jogging...well, maybe.

So folks, be ready to be entertained with my simple little life...or bored out of your mind. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment